Somehow I find the Energizer Marathon better. I feel that there weren't enough drinking stations around. All we get after the race was a finisher medal and a free sample of Tiger Balm. Our cert will be sent to us at a later stage. Around the 9th km of my race, saw a fellow runner by the side of the road. He was in quite a bad shape as people were giving him CPR. The medic team was no where near and some volunteers where shouting frantically for medic to come. Hopefully the runner is ok.
The place was pack, but I still manage to meet one or two of my friends there; Jessica, William and Shelly. I didn't hang around much after the race. Was really tired and my shirt was soaking wet. I was actually cold and hot at the same time. Hot when the sun shines and cold when the wind blows.
Anyway, I think it was a good run and I'm looking forward to run in another event.
Lili and me with our finisher medal
Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2010
Hoho... my 10km Finisher Medal
No sure if they will post the timing, but if they do, I'll update it here. So check back later ya.
Updates (29/06/2010):
I manage to complete my 10km run in 01:21:47, ranking 2050 out of 4321 male runners. Shall try to target 1hr 10 minutes in my next 10km run. Lili's timing somehow did not get recorded. She must have gotten a faulty tag.
Updates (05/07/2010)
Hmmm they updated my ranking. I'm now rank 1768. I think they split the veterans out.



1 comment:
congrats on your medal.
on a sad note, the person you saw who needed help, i think his name is lim and he passed away. you can read more about it here
Post a Comment