Ipoh the state capital of Perak, the taugeh chicken, the salted chicken, the Kuey teow, and lots of cave temples. I’m a little lazy to blog again so I think I’ll just let the pictures do the talking.
Day 1 - IPOH - 11th March 2010

Ipoh Famous Kai

And here is the Nga Choi

Nga Choi Kai - Our lunch at Lou Wong
After lunch, we went round looking for Soya Bean drink. We remember reading somewhere that it was the best soya bean in Ipoh. As we were making our round, we spotted Lai Kei Soya. We weren't sure if it was the one but decided to give it a try anyway.

Lai Kei Soya Bean

Biscuits anyone?
While on our way home, we spotted the one we were looking for. You don't even need to get down your car, as they will take your order and deliver it straight to your car. Anyway, I couldn't really taste the difference. It's almost similar.

Funny Mountain Soya

Perak Tong - It was already late, so we couldn't tour around the Tong. The stairs to the top was already close, so we didn't get to see the surrounding town. I heard it was breath taking.

The Hotel We Stayed In, Impiana Hotel.

Hor Hee Noodle

Our dinner

See the taugeh. Everything come with taugeh in Ipoh.

Li Heng Fatt. This is where we had our dinner.

While walking towards my car, a bird pooped on my head. Shitty little bird.
Before we retire to bed, we went to the hotel lounge to enjoy some live band. Surprisingly, drinks there weren't what I expected to pay. Less just say it's way below normal hotel price.
Day 2 - IPOH - 12th March 2010
On the second day we woke up early as we were excited to tour Gua Tempurung, another attraction in Ipoh. It was around an hour drive from our hotel. The place was really quite and we thought it wasn't open. The only other guest was a couple who arrive right after us, they were from Ipoh. As I approach the counter to purchase tickets, the person manning the counter was really ignorant. As I ask about getting two tickets, all he said was minimum 5 people, ask the other couple if they would like to join you. He continued reading his paper and wasn't really bothered. So we approached the other couple and ask if they would like to join in. They too were waiting for other guest to join. However it didn't work out as we had different interest. I was looking forward to the normal cave walk, the were into the more extreme one. Seriously, I don't mind getting dirty, but i was really not prepared for it. I have my camera with me and no waterproof housing. We waited for another half and hour to see if there were more tourist arriving, but none came. I guess everyone is working, after all it was a weekday.

Gua Tempurung. I'll be back one day.
Since there were nothing much we can do anymore at Gua Tempurung, we headed on to Kellie's Castle, another hotspot when in Ipoh. You won't take a lot of time here, an hour will be more than enough. It's quite creepy when you walk along the corridors. I can imagine some dare devils making out in the castle. I'm not joking, the place is filled with signs not to hanky panky around. Crazy people. I believe this place can be improved. I remember reading somewhere, there is a lot of secret passage which were not discovered yet.

Kellie's Castle

A bear hugging the tree

Side view of the castle

Kellie's Castle

A monkey enjoying the view of Kellie's Castle.
Our next stop was the fame Sam Poh Tong. Lili told me that there will be a lot of Pomelo girls around. However, upon reaching, I was approach by a old lady pushing kang kong to me. I bought one anyway, for fear that she would carve a tortoise on my car. Anyway, the RM2 kang kung was well worth it. Lili enjoyed and had so much fun feeding the tortoise.

Even the fishes eats the Kang Kung

Scenic view of Sam Poh Tong. Not really well maintain

Sam Poh Tong

The entrance to the temple.

Walkway to the Tong
Since there weren't much to do after Sam Poh Tong, we decided; might as well visit the other two Tong next to Sam Poh Tong. Nothing much there too.

Ling Sen Tong

Some other Tong.


Lili and Me
We went hunting for lunch after that. I really wanted to try Ipoh Hor Fun. One recommended place was the Thein Chun Restaurant (House of mirrors). With my trusty gps, I found the place right away.

Ipoh Hor Fun

It taste really good, but I still prefer my Hor Fun from Pau Kee restaurant

Thein Chun or known as the House of Mirrors
We were about to return to our hotel for a rest, we discovered another Tong to visit. Unlike the rest, this one was deeply hidden in the residential area. And among all the Tong I have visited, I think this is the best. It's beautiful mountain scenery is just breath taking. At the other end of the cave opens up to a wide open area. Kinda like those movies where you enter into a different dimension.

Kek Look Tong

The entrance to the cave

An innocent looking dragon sculpture

The main hall

View from the other end of the cave

Lili engross in composing her masterpiece

Kek Look Tong Landscaping

Mountain view
We headed back to the hotel as it was drizzling a little. Rested for awhile before venturing out again for dinner. We decided to have Nga Choi Kai from Ong Kee this time. Ong Kee is just right opposide Lou Wong. After dinner we stopped by at Ipoh parade just to pass off some time.

Ong Kee Nga Choi Kai

Pomelo, a famous fruit in Ipoh

Heong Piah
Day 3 - IPOH - 13th March 2010
The last day of our trip. We check out really early as I have another appointment with my sister.

On our way home to KL

My trustworthy GPS leading me home.
No comments:
Post a Comment