Sunday, October 04, 2009

Day 9 – 6th June 2009 – The Departure, Back to reality

Our flight was at 0900hours, which all international departure requires us to be there 2 hours earlier, the journey to the airport, ~1 hour, pack up and get ready, ~2 hours. So if you do the maths, we had to wake up at 4 in the morning and be on our way to the airport by 0600hours. Yes, considered one day of tour.

There was no time for buffet breakfast, so our tour guide has instructed the hotel to 'ta pau' for us


Our Malaysia guide took over and checks us in. This is one of the worst flights I have ever taken. After 7days of hot sun, the weather took a change. It started raining heavily. Our plane was grounded for nearly an hour due to bad weather. During take off, the plane vibrated terribly. The seat belt sign was constantly on and air crew were strap tightly to their seat. It got better after nearly half an hour of terror only to have the seat belt sign reappear. Again, the plane vibrated due to turbulence, and for some reason, I kinda feel that the plane accelerate and decelerate inconsistently. The engine would make a loud roar only to quite down after awhile. Maybe there were some problems with the auto pilot.

Of course it did get better, but the seat belt sign was always light up. I was praying constantly and was hoping it would land safely soon. Uncomfortable as it is, I was really disappointed with MAS airplane standard. One thing for sure, is that they did not clean the plane properly and excuses such as the plane just landed last night was not a very good explanation (I found out when I change my pillow). I think the previous passenger who was on the same seat as I was threw up. Yeah, there are still some traces of the dried up yucky stuff around especially on the pillow. Yuck! No more Airbus A330 for me, ever.

The plane I was going to board. The weather was gloomy and it started to drizzle.


We were grounded for nearly an hour due to bad weather.


Yummy, Lunch. Yup, despite all the turbulence, lunch was still necessary. :p



Wonder what’s it like swimming in the clouds


Other than a few set backs, I think the trip was superb and I enjoyed it very much especially with my family holidaying together. I can’t wait to go for another trip.

The Bus driver, The Malaysian Tour Guide and The China Tour Guide. (From Top Left, Clockwise) Thanks for bringing us around.


No comments: