Sunday, October 04, 2009

Day 8 – 5th June 2009 – Free and Easy

Today is the second last day of our tour. Technically it is the last day to do whatever last minute shopping and visits you missed out. Our hotel was located at the shopping district of Beijing, very convenient for shopping. I wanted to visit the Lama temple situated a few stations away from Xidan station. It was somewhat of a challenge for us as none of use could speak mandarin. The most difficult part was actually finding the Xidan train station located nearby our hotel. Everyone I ask couldn’t understand what I meant by train including their police. Anyway we did manage to reach the temple, but we didn’t go in. Big joke huh. My sister says she has a headache and my little brother complains that he was tired. So, we took a train back and out of the blues, all the tiredness and headache disappeared from both of them.

In the train station. Looks so much cleaner than our KTM.


The whole day was spent inside shopping malls, the grand ones and the dodgy ones. All shopping malls look the same to me.

Some of the shopping malls.


And some of the business offices.


A signage board in one of the complex. Hmmmm… Im on the ‘Crash’ Floor. Think I’ll try the ‘Happy’ Floor now.


My aunt with her big bowl of noodles. Oooo.. I like. Bound to fill you up.


Yes, I just have to be in the picture.




More shots around our hotel area.


A shop selling Ferets I think.


The store keeper giving the feret a little bath.


Morning to evening. That was how long we walked. By the way, see the area with the green lights? That’s our hotel entrance.


Well, that wraps up another day. We headed back to the hotel after dinner, pack our bags and got ready for bed.

No comments: