As I was helping out to clear a stack of old newspaper at my backyard, a dragonfly flew right down and landed on the clothes line. They seem to be an insect that does not care about the presents of human being. You can poke them and make tones of noise, yet they wouldn’t fly away. (In case you are wondering, I didn’t poke it). I wouldn’t hurt it as they help keep annoying pest like mosquitoes and flies at bay. They are a common sight at ponds, lakes and anywhere else that has water for them to breed. However, at my dry hot concreted backyard, it was something unusual. I do sometimes see them in my front garden though.
Aeshna isosceles - Norfolk Hawker
Or also known as the Green-Eyed Hawker
(Correct me if I am wrong)
It took off for awhile and withing seconds it was back with something in its mouth
Finishing every last bit of it
Now, if only they eat spiders!
No comments:
Post a Comment