Saturday, March 27, 2010

Energizer Nigth Race 2010

27th March 2010

Running 10km wasn't an easy task for me. I walk a lot but I seldom run. This was also my first 10km run, which at first, I doubt I could finish in time. My first run was the KL-Marathon 2009, and almost didn’t make it for the qualifying time.

The place was jam pack as many roads were close or block off for runner to pass. I collected my head lamp and gathered with thousand more people at the start point. Energizer Mascots were walking around giving encouragement to runners. The run started at 9.00pm and 10.30pm was the qualifying time. The last kilometer of the run was the most motivating of all. From a far, the drums beats can be heard, people cheering and screaming.

I manage to complete my run in 1hour 10minutes. I still have 20minutes to spare. It may not be as good for some people but for me it’s like a ground breaking record. Haha. Running pass the finished line was really satisfying.

I’ve sign myself up for the 10km KL-Marathon 2010. Kinda got bitten by the marathon bug. Let me run another 10km before I decide if I’m up to the challenge to tackle half marathon in the future.

I'm proud to show of my 10km Finisher Medal

This is so cute. I love the medal

Update: My friend Samantha is running for a cause in KL-Marathon 2010, raising funds for the National Cancer Society. If you wish to donate you can visit her profile here: http://www.kl-marathon.com/profile/22321

2 comments:

miloice said...

Hmm got an energizer medal but no more new photos :P

Samantha Chin said...

ohohohoh.. thanks for the support! see you on 24th! it's looming~