Saturday, June 14, 2008

IS Engagement Day – Green IT.

This is my first company family day. They use to have those 3 days 2 nights convention, which I would have preferred more. You get to stay in hotels and it much more exciting. I have no idea what made the change? The event was held at Maybank’s Learning Center in Bangi. Not very exciting isn’t it. Anyway, I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the lucky draw and being part of the photography crew. I came home empty handed though.

With the current global warming crisis, the theme for this event is Green IT. It’s a great initiative to promote awareness to Maybankers and I fully support it. A few days before the event, flyers asking for donation of any recyclable items were pasted on all main doors. Proceeds from the recyclable item would go to charity. Nothing beats killing two birds with one stone. To coincide with the theme, we were each given a green t-shirt to wear.

I opt to take the bus as I did not know the way there. There were two buses hired on that day, as the list of those who requested transport filled two A4 paper. However, the turn out on that day could not even fill a single bus. There were less than 10 that turn up including me. Talk about inconsiderateness. Come on; if you don’t plan to take the bus don’t go sign up for it. Just because it’s free doesn’t mean you don’t have to care. It’s a sheer waste of petrol, money and peoples time waiting for you guys, not knowing if you are late or not coming. Maybank should charge those who sign up but didn’t turn up.

Anyway, upon registration we all get a bag of goodies which includes a potted plant. They provided breakfast, lunch and tea time. Distilled water was limitless. Somehow, Maybankers doesn’t seem to like drinking water that much. Boxes of water still stack high up. There was a lot of game booths setup by individual departments. The outdoor games were the least in favor as it was scorching hot outside. The usual itinerary of course includes speeches, presentation of presents, games and entertainment. It was not until 4.30pm the event ended. Crowds disperse of fairly quickly right after the final grand prize was announced.

My department’s 3D pinball. You basically just drop a ball at the top and let it roll into one of the cups below to win a prize.


The unpopular ones. They should have fitted some of them indoors.


The most popular booth. Everyone wants to show their artistic side.


Clowns entertaining the children


Hmmm… I’m confused!!! Despite their initiative in going green, they are wasting toilet paper for games?


We just had to have the computer around.

No comments: