Saturday, May 24, 2008

Zoo Negara Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur

It must be months since we had our photo shoot. Milo and I actually planned to visit Chilling Waterfalls last week but was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. It would have been so much fun trekking through 6 rivers just to get to the waterfall. I just can’t tell how much I love this kind of activity.

This trip down to the Zoo was also a long awaited trip. Mention and said tons of times, but never succeed in going till now. On Saturday morning, I left for the Zoo an hour earlier than the arranged time. I had to leave early as I am not familiar with the roads. As expected, I made many wrong turns, circling round and round Kuala Lumpur city before I finally saw the sign “Zoo Negara”.

3 Photographers and 1 err... bag carrier? kakakaka... storm the zoo shooting anything in sight.

Enough ‘yakking’, here are the photos of my Zoo visit.


Main Entrance to the Zoo


A Seal performing its daily routine


Another entertaining performance from a talented seal


A mightly eagle. I don't recall what species it is though.


Yeah, it's the same eagle


Fish please!!!


I'm a lazy pig. Not as hairy as the one I saw in Sarawak


Yuck, I hate them. No idea why I bother taking photos of them


Batman or Vampire


I'll go with Vampire


I'm old and wise.


Must be wondering how to roll down


The usual croc in the water. Or is this an aligator?


Panther?


Black Panther? I really need to bring along a notebook and pen next time


Capybara


Ohh... So cute!


Camel or Unta. Kakakaka


Poser!




It took awhile for these lazy cats to wake up.




Haha.. I like this shot..




Leopard. This I can identify








Azlan from Narnia? The thinner version


Hmmm I thought feeding the animals was not allowed.






Peanuts.. Give them to me!


The Zoo has lots more animals than this. I took many of them but only a few were decent enough to be published. Support our Zoo, take a visit, it’s not as bad as you think.

Wanna see more beautiful shots? Head over to Milo's and Bernice's blog.

If you would like to volunteer your time, feel free to call the Education Department at 03-41082219 for more information.

Want to sponsor an animal and help support the zoo, please call their Marketing Department at 03-41083422. Caring for the animals is costly and your sponsorship is deeply appreciated.

Zoo Negara
Hulu Kelang,
68000 Ampang,
Selangor Darul Ehsan
03-41083422/27
http://www.zoonegara.org.my/

3 comments:

cookie monster said...

wow...amazing

teach me how to take pic 3, 4 and 5?

ur pics so nice...very nice

Like the leopard pic the best

caseytaykc said...

Haha.. lots of luck needed.

Set your camera to continuous shooting and fire away.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha about time I wrote some comments. Nice variety of shots! Nicely expose although you claim a whole bunch of blurred shots ok what this series :)