Sunday, January 13, 2008

Rock Climbing @ Nyamuk

I've done indoor climbing but never outdoor. I love outdoor activities and was really excited about this trip, however my main intention was not to climb. First of all I do not have proper gears and there’s no one who can provide or hire you with any. Secondly, I’m not a dare devil myself. Imagine the bolts mounted on the rocks, exposed to rain and sun, not to mention I have a little acrophobia in me. I did make an attempt to climb though with my running shoes. It was scary alright. My shoes were lose and wobbly. I can’t stop imagining myself slipping and banging straight into the rocks. I wanted to climb without shoes but was told it would cut my feet. Anyway, I did make it up 6 meters or so (I think). It took all the strength I had just to reach halfway up. It used to be so much easier when I was younger. Oh! I forgot I have an extra burden from my tummy. Why they called this place Nyamuk? I'm sure you have already figure it out. If not, make a trip down and prepare yourself to be a blood donor.

Anyway, here are some shots of the climbers present that day.

Preparation and Setting Up


This is lead climbing. You climb first to provide safety to others. Haha.


Another one providing safety to others.


A chalk bag to ensure you have dry hands.


Lead climb on a 30meters wall


Colourful runners, which is used to hold the rope in place (I think)


See the runner below the climber. It's holding the string in place. Guess I was right.


A smarter choice, Top rope climbing.


Unclipping the rope as it was time to go


25 meters.....another 5 meters to go and a few more runners to collect.

So are you up for the challenge?

No comments: